The Autodesk® VRED™ Professional software is a visualization, analytical, and presentation tool used in the automotive and manufacturing industry. The software enables you to create high quality real time renderings to realistically visualize, evaluate, and review your design ideas and then present them as design prototypes. The Autodesk VRED Professional 2015 Fundamentals training guide covers the essential core topics that enable you to import 3D CAD data, optimize the geometry, assign VRED Truelight materials, add cameras and lights, and then create high end rendered images in both the OpenGL and Raytracing render modes.
The topics in this training guide include the following:
- Understanding the Autodesk VRED Professional user interface and navigating the scene.
- Opening the 3D CAD data to display it as a real time rendering.
- Organizing the parts and optimizing the geometry in the Scenegraph.
- Adjusting the model and transforming the parts.
- Working with the VRED Truelight materials and assigning them to enhance the visual display of the objects.
- Adding Cameras and viewpoints in the scene.
- Setting Environments and using HDR images as the scene background.
- Adding light sources for additional illumination.
- Creating rendered images using the OpenGL render mode.
- Working with Raytracing render mode to produce very high-quality visualizations.
- Creating rendered images using the Raytracing render mode.Prerequisites
- Experience with 3D CAD data and terminology is recommended